I have been studying ‘wait’ in the Bible for about four months now. I am in the process of writing up a concise systematic theology of what was found. Hopefully, I can share it with you in the next few weeks. As a teaser, here are a few numbers:
- There are thirty-five words which are translated into some derivation of wait: wait, waited, waiting, waiteth (old school).
- Of these thirty-five, twenty-three are Hebrew and twelve are Greek.
- One hundred and fifty-one verses reference wait to some degree.
- Of these, one hundred and twenty-eight are in the Old Testament and twenty-three are in the New Testament.
- I have found six categories in which nearly every instance of wait fits into, with the exception of three outliers.
I am really excited about what I found. If your curious about what the Bible has to say about something I really encourage you to do some deep study on it. You might be surprised what you find.